Raising Invaluable Funds For The Shakespeare Hospice
This year, we’re aiming to raise £30,000 for The Shakespeare Hospice, a charity providing care and support to patients and families affected by life limiting illness. If you’d like more information about the hospice, please see our website at www.theshakespearehospice.org.uk.
Our services are free to patients, their carers and families, but not free to provide. Please consider raising money through sponsorship to help our Hospice, it really does make such a difference.
A pledge to raise £100 in sponsorship can help us provide the following for our patients and their families:
- 2 visits by Hospice at Home nurses to provide End of Life care to patients in their own homes.
- 1 nurse on call overnight to support patients choosing to die at home
- Specialist training for staff to support bereaved people
- Resources to help bereaved children work through their feelings
- The opportunity for 4 children to attend the Pantomime
- 1 bereaved child’s place at Hill End residential centre enjoying a weekend of exploration and fun
- 3 sessions with a counsellor to work though the issues related to living with a life limited illness
- Half a day of respite care for a young person living with a complex life limiting illness
You can help us raise £25,000 by:
Pledging to raise £100
Whichever route you choose, you can pledge to raise £100 in sponsorship. Whatever distance you’re cycling, remember to tell your friends and family. Gathering sponsorship from loved ones, neighbours and work colleagues all adds up!
You can fundraise on-line (see below) or use our sponsorship form.
Make a donation in lieu of sponsorship
Choose your own amount to donate to help us continue our services when you register online for the event We can claim gift aid on this, so please do consider a donation.
Buy A Cycling Jersey
You can purchase The Shakespeare Hospice cycling jersey online for £30 (we anticipate orders will be cut off early June – to be confirmed.)
Fundraising online really is easy, quick and safe to use. Please click here to start fundraising on Just Giving.
Cycling for someone special
Taking part in The Great Shakespeare Ride will undoubtedly be a memorable event, and you’ll be part of a big team. Lots of our cyclists like to use the challenge to remember their loved ones, which makes it all the more special.
If you are riding in memory of someone special please contact us to make your tribute known.
Could you double your fundraising efforts by asking your employer to match fund? So many of our supporters find this a great way to increase their sponsorship.