Sunday 12th August 2018 – Walton Hall Hotel & Spa, Walton, Warwick, CV35 9HU
The Great Shakespeare Ride really does offer something for cyclists of all abilities. The challenging ‘100 mile Sportive‘ will take you to your limit, while the ‘100 km Challenge‘ is a tough undulating route, but definitely achievable. The ‘Friendly 5O km‘, making its first outing this year, is the perfect course for those new to cycling – a beautiful, flatter route along quiet roads with lots of support from start to finish. Click here to check out the routes (available in GPX and mapmyride).
Last year, nearly 700 cyclists took part in The Great Shakespeare Ride, helping to raise a massive £20,000. This year, our target is £25,000 and we’re hoping you can help us reach it!
By entering this challenge you are helping to support the services of The Shakespeare Hospice. A pledge to raise £100 in sponsorship can help us provide the following for our patients and their families:
- 2 visits by Hospice at Home nurses to provide End of Life care to patients in their own homes.
- 1 nurse on call overnight to support patients choosing to die at home
- Specialist training for staff to support bereaved people
- Resources to help bereaved children work through their feelings
- The opportunity for 4 children to attend the Pantomime
- 1 bereaved child’s place at Hill End residential centre enjoying a weekend of exploration and fun
- 3 sessions with a counsellor to work though the issues related to living with a life limited illness
- Half a day of respite care for a young person living with a complex life limiting illness
The Great Shakespeare Ride offers
- Free parking
- Ride HQ at a beautiful 4 star hotel
- Up to 6 categorised climbs (distance dependant)
- Timing chips included
- Post ride massages
- Treats for Everyone
- Mechanical support at start
- Cycle shop & mechanics on site
- Up to 4 feed stations (distance dependant)
- Medical support
- Full secure online entry system
- Medal for all finishers under 16
Walton Hall have offered us a special room rate for the Saturday and Sunday night on the weekend of the event. For further details contact Walton Hall Hotel directly on Tel: 01789 842424
Fun Finish Line! We wanted to really get the atmosphere just right for our brave riders so why not bring your family and friends along to support. With the historic hall, lovely lake area and plenty of lawn we think it’s the perfect setting! There’ll be lots for friends and family to enjoy whilst they wait to cheer you over the finish line. Walton Hall is set in stunning Warwickshire countryside, with rolling hills and winding country roads. It’s also a Pet Friendly hotel, so bring your furry friend to join in the fun.
New for this year is our very special bespoke cycling jersey. Whichever route you choose, if you pledge to raise £100 in sponsorship, you will receive a bespoke Shakespeare Hospice jersey free!
If you’d rather not make that pledge, you can also purchase yours online for £30 by clicking here
What’s going on in 2018?
- Hill Climb Challenge
There is just something about hill climbing that only cyclists understand. We are challenging you to compete with your fellow GSR cyclists and become our ‘King or Queen of the Hill’. (The Hill Climb Challenge is for the 100 mile and 100km races only) See more.
- Team Challenge
If you enjoy cycling with others and the camaraderie that group riding brings, join up with three friends to take on our Team Challenge. See more.