Sunday 23rd August 2020 – Walton Hall Hotel & Spa, Walton, Warwick, CV35 9HU
Back in its tenth year, The Great Shakespeare Ride really does offer something for cyclists of all abilities.
The challenging ‘100 mile Sportive‘ will take you to your limit, while the ‘100 km Challenge‘ is a tough undulating route, but definitely achievable. The ‘’50 km Challenge‘, will be returning for 2020, a beautiful, flatter route along quiet roads with lots of support from start to finish.
*New for 2020, our 21st Birthday will be a ’21 mile Anniversary Ride’ – a slight variation on the 50km ride, and the perfect choice for those new to cycling or who want to celebrate with us – possibly doing this as a ’21 Challenge’.
You can check the 2019 GPX and mapmyride links on each distance to see what challenges await you on the fantastic courses that roll into the hilly Cotswolds.
Please note that *online entries will close at midday on Friday 21st August* but entries will be accepted on the day and during the previous afternoon of Saturday 22nd August.
Last year, the cyclists that took part in The Great Shakespeare Ride, helped to raise over £18,000.
By entering this challenge you are helping to support the services of The Shakespeare Hospice. A pledge to raise £100 in sponsorship can help us provide the following for our patients and their families:
- 2 visits by Hospice at Home nurses to provide End of Life care to patients in their own homes.
- 1 nurse on call overnight to support patients choosing to die at home
- Specialist training for staff to support bereaved people
- Resources to help bereaved children work through their feelings
- The opportunity for 4 children to attend the Pantomime
- 1 bereaved child’s place at Hill End residential centre enjoying a weekend of exploration and fun
- 3 sessions with a counsellor to work though the issues related to living with a life limited illness
- Half a day of respite care for a young person living with a complex life limiting illness
The Great Shakespeare Ride offers
- Free parking
- Ride HQ at a beautiful 4 star hotel
- Up to 6 categorised climbs (distance dependant)
- Team challenges
- Post ride massages
- Treats for Everyone
- Mechanical support on the 50km ride
- Cycle shop & mechanics at start
- Up to 4 feed stations (distance dependant)
- Medical support
- Full secure online entry system
- Medal for ALL finishers
Walton Hall have offered us a special room rate for the Saturday and Sunday night on the weekend of the event.
For further details contact Walton Hall Hotel directly on Tel: 01789 842424
Fun Finish Line! We wanted to really get the atmosphere just right for our brave riders so why not bring your family and friends along to support. With the historic hall, lovely lake area and plenty of lawn we think it’s the perfect setting! There’ll be lots for friends and family to enjoy whilst they wait to cheer you over the finish line. Walton Hall is set in stunning Warwickshire countryside, with rolling hills and winding country roads. It’s also a Pet Friendly hotel, so bring your furry friend to join in the fun.
What’s going on in 2020?
- Hill Climb STRAVA Challenge
There is just something about hill climbing that only cyclists understand. We are challenging you to compete with your fellow GSR cyclists and become our ‘King or Queen of the Hill’. (The Hill Climb Challenge is for the 100 mile and 100km races only) See more.
- Team Challenge
If you enjoy cycling with others and the camaraderie that group riding brings, join up with three friends to take on our Team Challenge. See more.