Event Terms and Conditions
The Great Shakespeare Ride, 28th July 2019
Walton Hall, Warwickshire.
By applying for entry into the Event I agree with The Shakespeare Hospice that:
Registration and participation
1.Registration must only be completed by those who will be aged 18 years or over on the date of the Event.
2. If a child is under 16 years or under, they cannot enter individually, they must be entered as an additional participant where the primary participant is over 18 and is the legal parent or guardian. The legal parent or guardian takes full responsibility of the child at the event.
3. The 100mile route is open to cyclists over 16 years old on the day of the event. The 100km route is open to cyclists over 14 years old on the day of the event. The 50km route is open to cyclists over 14 years old on the day of the event.
4. I will pay a non-refundable registration fee applicable to my chosen route: £35 for The Friendly 50km; £38 for 100km; £40 for 100mile.
5. I will inform The Shakespeare Hospice Fundraising Team immediately if I am unable to take part in the Event. When my withdrawal is acknowledged, I will not be liable to raise any further sponsorship.
6. No refunds are available.
7. Entries on the day are subject to availability and will encounter a £5 administration fee.
8. You may not ride under someone else’s name under any circumstances. Failure to comply with this will result in disqualification.
9. If you cannot take part, you may find another cyclist to take your place and the organisers will arrange the substitution at an admin fee of £5 payable to The Shakespeare Hospice. The original entrant will not be refunded his/her entry fee. We will not be accepting substitutions after the closing date or on the day of the ride.
10. I understand that The Shakespeare Hospice have the right to refuse registration or application for a place in an Event without providing reasons for doing so and at any time.
11. Contact details provided are used to keep you up to date about the event you are taking part in. We may ask for next of kin details in case of an emergency. All details will be stored securely and are used in relation to the event you are taking part in.
12. Every Rider will have a number issued at registration. This must be displayed throughout the route for identification.
13. Participants’ supporters and family members spectating at any Shakespeare Hospice event do so entirely at their own risk. The Shakespeare Hospice shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss suffered by spectators at a Shakespeare Hospice organised event other than in respect of death or personal injury arising out of The Shakespeare Hospice’s’ negligence.
Minimum fundraising target
14. I have indicated on my registration if I would like to pledge to raise a minimum of £100.00 for The Shakespeare Hospice (excluding gift aid and registration fee) through my participation in the Event. I understand it is the aim of this Event to raise as much above this amount as possible.
15. If at any point I feel unable to raise the pledged amount, I will inform The Shakespeare Hospice Fundraising team immediately in order that they can have the opportunity to aid with fundraising.
Donations and payment terms
16. I will regularly pay all money collected on behalf of The Shakespeare Hospice to The Shakespeare Hospice directly by the following means:-
a) Via an online giving platform;
b) to The Shakespeare Hospice bank account: Account Number: 30127353 Sort Code: 20-48-08 quoting the reference: your surname/GSR19
c) via cheque, CAF vouchers and Charities trust vouchers made payable to The Shakespeare Hospice and sent to The Fundraising Team, The Shakespeare Hospice, Church Lane, Shottery, Stratford Upon Avon, CV37 9UL. Alternatively, credit or debit card donations made by calling The Shakespeare Hospice Fundraising Team directly on 01789 266 852 within 30 days of me receiving the money before the event date. *
17. I understand that where I have indicated to pledge to raise a minimum of £100 sponsorship and this amount has not been paid to The Shakespeare Hospice by the Event date, I will be liable to pay the £35 cost for the cycling jersey from my own personal funds before the event date.
18. I agree that if I withdraw for any reason prior to the Event, any monies raised will be non-refundable and will be treated as a donation to The Shakespeare Hospice.
19. I will only use sponsorship forms issued by The Shakespeare Hospice and not use any other type of sponsorship form (unless otherwise agreed with The Shakespeare Hospice.)
20. I will send The Shakespeare Hospice my completed sponsor forms with details of the names and addresses of and amounts donated or pledged by all sponsors no later than 4 weeks after the Event. This will allow The Shakespeare Hospice to process gift aid on donations.
21. The ride will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re- routed or stopped for reasons of safety. Entry fees, however are not refundable.
22. I will comply with any fundraising guidance or advice issued by The Shakespeare Hospice and abide by the Code of Fundraising Practice issued by the Fundraising Regulator.
23. I will collect money only on behalf of The Shakespeare Hospice in connection with the Event.
24. I will use only lawful means to fundraise for The Shakespeare Hospice and will not do anything that harms or is likely to harm The Shakespeare Hospice reputation.
25. I will not use The Shakespeare Hospice logo without permission and will obtain all fundraising materials from The Shakespeare Hospice.
26. My fundraising will not include:
a) Raising funds by carrying out door-to-door or unsolicited collections;
b) Collecting in any public place without first obtaining a The Shakespeare Hospice collectors’ licence from The Shakespeare Hospice and authorisation from the local authority and any other licences or consent that The Shakespeare Hospice require me to obtain.
c) Collecting on private property (including shops, pubs etc) without first obtaining The Shakespeare Hospice collectors’ licence from The Shakespeare Hospice and permission of the owner of the private property.
d) Conducting any raffle or lottery or putting on any public Event without first contacting The Shakespeare Hospice and taking any steps which The Shakespeare Hospice require.
27. I agree that Gift Aid payments cannot count towards the pledge to raise a minimum of £100 in sponsorship for the Shakespeare Hospice and instead will be considered as over and above the pledged fundraising total.
28. I agree that The Shakespeare Hospice can terminate my authority to fundraise on their behalf at any time by sending written notice to the address below.
Personal data and images
29. During our events, The Shakespeare Hospice, may take general photographs and film which may be used for social media, on our website, in the media and to promote future events. We will ask your permission before taking individual and group photographs of participants, but you may sometimes appear in general photographs of crowds and the event setting.
30. I give permission for my personal information to be stored and used by The Shakespeare Hospice in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of this Event and any other Events or promotions offered by The Shakespeare Hospice.
31. Contact details provided are used to keep you up to date about the event you are taking part in. We may ask for next of kin details in case of an emergency. All details will be stored securely and are used in relation to the event you are taking part in.
32. I give permission for my personal information to be passed on to the Event Organiser by The Shakespeare Hospice for the purposes of the organisation, promotion and administration of this Event.
Health, safety and fitness
34. Participants’ supporters and family members spectating at any Shakespeare Hospice event do so entirely at their own risk. The Shakespeare Hospice shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss suffered by spectators at a Shakespeare Hospice organised event other than in respect of death or personal injury arising out of The Shakespeare Hospice’s’ negligence.
35. The Great Shakespeare Ride events team reserves the right to terminate an individual’s ride on health and safety grounds.
36. All participants must abide by these rules and any instructions given by event staff or marshals on the day. The marshals do not have authority to stop motorists; they are there for the safety of yourself and other road users.
37. A road bike is recommended for all routes
38. Riders must ensure their bicycle is mechanically sound.
39. Mobile support vehicles in the form of cars or motorbikes are strictly forbidden and will lead to disqualification.
40. For the safety of your fellow cyclists, no bicycle, tandem or other machine, conventional or otherwise, is permitted to have unconventional handle bars including aero bars, clip- ons, prayer bars or cow bars. Neither are Spinachi type bars permitted. Failure to comply will result in exclusion.
41. Safety- approved cycling helmets are compulsory. We recommend cycle helmets complying with ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will be excluded.
42. You must obey all Highway Code Rules. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and other traffic. Please indicate your intention to stop or change direction. Please do not pass through any traffic lights on red. Cyclists found to be riding outside of the road rules will be subject to disqualification. For your own safety and that of other riders, please do not use your mobile phone while riding. You must stop at the side of the road if you need to make or receive a call.
43. All participants must write the name and number of a person to contact in case of an emergency on the back of their ride number and to provide their emergency contact details at the point of registration. In the case of an emergency, The Shakespeare Hospice may use the emergency contact details you provided to us when you registered for the event.
44. The Shakespeare Hospice takes reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to all participants during our own organised events. A risk assessment process is in place for each event. By taking part in an event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries, please contact us before agreeing to take part in an event.
45. I will fully prepare myself for the physical challenge of the Event and I will check with my doctor to ensure that I am medically fit to participate in the Event.
46. First aid is provided at all our events. Participants consent to their details (which will be obtained by medical providers if participants are treated by them at an event) being passed to The Shakespeare Hospice. The Shakespeare Hospice will only use these details for administration and health and safety purposes and to fulfil its legal obligations, including those under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995.
47. Any correspondence regarding these terms and conditions should be directed to The Shakespeare Hospice Fundraising Team, Church Lane, Shottery, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 9UL.