The Friendly 21 Mile – in celebration of our 21st Anniversary!
New in 2020 in celebration of our 21st Anniversary, this circular ride on safe, quiet rural roads is shorter and flatter compared to our other more challenging routes and really perfect for those new to cycling and cycling events. This is a slightly shorter, adapted version of the 50km route in 2018 and 2019.
After you register, you will be able to download the (FREE) ‘Ridewithgps’ app onto your mobile phone and record/follow the route on the day. Don’t worry there will still be signposts and the route is fully marshalled, but you can use this to check your progress on the day.
We really wanted to encourage cyclists of all abilities to take part in The Great Shakespeare Ride and have the confidence to enjoy a brilliant sporting event regardless of the experience they might have. We would love everyone to enjoy that sense of achievement that comes with crossing the finish line… brilliant!
Starting at the fantastic ride headquarters THE WALTON HALL HOTEL & SPA (start time 9:30am) we will be escorting the peloton along the first couple of miles replicating the GRAND DEPART of the most brilliant Tour de France. We will ensure you will have masses of support along the whole route, with experienced back riders, a roving mechanic, and well informed marshals at every major junction and a great feed station / water station at exactly half way. The only thing we can’t ensure is the weather… but we’ll have a word!
You will have a great day out on your bike.
In addition to the facilities as noted on the home page, on the day of the event you will be supported by:
- Your own starting point, so you can enjoy the excitement of our mass ‘Tour de France’ style start but in a more protected environment
- A roving mechanic to help with any punctures or problems should they occur en-route
- Experienced ‘out-riders’ on hand for support and to help encourage you along the way
- Well informed marshals at every major junction
- A roving marshal, continually travelling the whole route until every single cyclist is finished