The Friendly 50km
2019 Map my Ride GSR Friendly 50 KM route COMING SOON! Click here to see the 2018 Map My Ride route for the Friendly 50 KM
Back for 2019, this circular ride on safe, quiet rural roads is shorter and flatter compared to our other more challenging routes and really perfect for those new to cycling and cycling events.
We really wanted to encourage cyclists of all abilities to take part in The Great Shakespeare Ride and have the confidence to enjoy a brilliant sporting event regardless of the experience they might have. We would love everyone to enjoy that sense of achievement that comes with crossing the finish line… brilliant!
Starting at the fantastic ride headquarters THE WALTON HALL HOTEL & SPA (start time tbc) we will be escorting the peloton along the first couple of miles replicating the GRAND DEPART of the most brilliant Tour de France. We will ensure you will have masses of support along the whole route, with experienced back riders, a roving mechanic, and well informed marshals at every major junction and a great feed station / water station at exactly half way. The only thing we can’t ensure is the weather… but we’ll have a word!
You will have a great day out on your bike.
In addition to the facilities as noted on the home page, on the day of the event you will be supported by:
- Your own starting point, so you can enjoy the excitement of our mass ‘Tour de France’ style start but in a more protected environment
- A roving mechanic to help with any punctures or problems should they occur en-route
- Experienced ‘out-riders’ on hand for support and to help encourage you along the way
- Well informed marshals at every major junction
- A roving marshal, continually travelling the whole route until every single cyclist is finished